MiniZinc Challenge 2012 is now underway
The MiniZinc Challenge 2012 is now underway:
The ChallengeFor more about the result of the last year MiniZinc Challenge: MiniZinc Challenge 2011 Results.
The aim of the challenge is to start to compare various constraint solving technology on the same problems sets. The focus is on finite domain propagation solvers. An auxiliary aim is to build up a library of interesting problem models, which can be used to compare solvers and solving technologies.
Entrants to the challenge provide a FlatZinc solver and global constraint definitions specialized for their solver. Each solver is run on 100 MiniZinc model instances. We run the translator mzn2fzn on the MiniZinc model and instance using the provided global constraint definitions to create a FlatZinc file. The FlatZinc file is input to the provided solver. Points are awarded for solving problems, speed of solution, and goodness of solutions (for optimization problems).
- Registration opens: 1 May 2012.
- Problem submission deadline: 12 July 2012.
- Initial submission round begins: 1 August 2012.
- Initial submission round ends: 20 August 2012.
- Final submissions: 1 September 2012.
- Announcement of results at CP2012: 8-12 October 2012.