In this page, I have collected the general comments or notes on other
- Way of living
- What is this thing called fun?
What is a way of living? The Emacs editor is, definitely. Also The
Perl Programming Language. And some more non-computoreze way of living is
jogging, Zen and grunge.
But isn't everything a way of living? Shaving in front of the morning mirror,
or doing the make up, walking across the street and buying the newspaper.
Everything worth doing is a way worth living.
But, of course, Internet is the high-way of living.
As noted is Perl a favorite programming language of mine. One of the reasons
is that it is
great prototyping tool. And with a lot of interesting features:
- support for all sorts of text extractions (may it be poems, phone
numbers or statistics)
- string and regular pattern matching
- support for binary mode file twiddlings (I've just finished a analyzer
for the ELF object code format.)
- and of course, it is one of the most used language to program
- and -- I get paid for using it!
What is this thing the brave men calls "fun"? I have wondered about this for
years (and sometimes at night), but never reached a solution. How do we define
the concept? Is there another way: trying to define what is not fun?
Well, I have to think about it.
Back to hakanks homepage